Why do I need a Content Brief?
As a part of Merrative's offerings, we help brands and creators hire writers, editors, translators, etc for their publishing projects.
Many times, we work with brands or creators who are just starting out with their content marketing efforts. They do not have the resources to hire content managers.
Hence, when they run their content operations, we notice how there is a gap in what the brand/creator expects from an article versus what the writer actually delivers.
One goes through several meetings, calls and Google Doc comments repeating the same thing again and again to various writers. This isn't productive use for your or your writer's time!
What is a Content Brief?
To reduce this communication gap, writing a Content Brief is a great way to communicate your objectives of writing a blog piece to your writer.
A good writer will use this document as a direction to deliver great content that is well aligned with your business goals.
Who can use this Content Brief Template?
Both client and writer can use this Content Brief Template as follows:
- If you're a brand, creator or publisher, then fill up this document and send it to your writers to adhere to.
- If you're a writer, use this document to get the information about what your client expects from you with the writing task. This document is handy for clients who simply give you the blog topic and then make you go through rounds of revision.
What does this template contain?
The Content Brief Template includes:
- Sections to add your brand guidelines
- Sections to add SEO keywords and instructions
- Sections to share the objection and angle of your article
- Content hygiene checklist
- SEO checklist
- Editorial checklist
Feel free to improve on the above as per your business's needs.
For any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on Twitter DMs:DM us in Twitter
Looking to hire writers, editors, copywriters, or translators?
We help creators, brands, and publishers hire the top 5% of niche talent across writing, editing, copywriting, etc.Get me a writer please!
Love reading? You can simply join our community and share recommendations, join or start literature-themed events!Join our readers community
Access to Google Doc that you can copy or download